Thursday, January 25, 2007

Lotusphere 2007 - Day 4 - Animal Kingdom

For the Animal Kingdom outing Robert, the coordinator of the Over the Rainbow group, asked us to meet at the Dolphin. We started out with 5 in our group, lost one before we made it to the bus, picked up a few more, and I think at one point we had 8 or 9, including a couple of "token straight guys". At least one person had seen my posting about our group here and e-mailed me and was able to find (!) and join us while we were there.

Everest was great, there are some pictures of face painting that I'll need to get permission to share. Matt the 5-Eyed Man is a sight to behold. It rained a lot, we all got wet, and some of us hung out at Jellyrolls until way too late.

The event was so successful that I think Robert is going to try to do it again next year. If you want to be included on the distribution list, let me know and I'll forward it on. Oh, and thanks to everyone who has been supportive of this endeavor. For some people it's a touchy issue, and I am sensitive to that, and I'm also a little overwhelmed that so many people asked me how our little group was doing.

1 comment:

  1. Charles, it was great meeting you last week! The "Over the rainbow" events were a success. In a sea of people with common interests (Lotus software), it is good to smaller communities of interest in which to interact and network. I look forward to making this an annual event at Lotusphere.

    --Robert

    ReplyDelete