Sunday, April 29, 2007

out with the old, in with the new

From a 1997 Dodge Dakota extended cab pickup (photo from the Internet and not of my truck)...


To a a 2001 Saab 9-3 Viggen convertible....


She's one of 730 Viggen convertibles made that year, and only 1300 total from 1999 - 2002. The Viggen package includes upgraded engine and suspension components. The end result: a turbo charged front wheel drive 4-cylinder that is EPA rated at 30mpg highway but it has 230 hp and 258 ft/lb of torque! That's the same horsepower as my Dakota with a 5.2L V8, but with double the gas mileage. And oh so pretty. :-)

I picked it up yesterday and I still can't believe it's mine.

3 comments:

  1. While I hate to see anybody ever have to give up a Dodge, I have to admit that Saab is quite a find.

    Very nice car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Devin, I'm keeping the Dodge. :-) I'm a MOPAR guy from way back and besides, I can't haul mulch in the Saab.

    ReplyDelete