Saturday, October 21, 2006

On vacation again

Next week I'll be doing a trip through Tennessee and I'm not taking a laptop so I won't be blogging. This trip came about because October 27th is my partner, Myron's, birthday. Every year since he was 35 (he's turning 53) he has travelled somewhere for his birthday. This year I suggested we attend an event in central Tennessee, and the next thing I know he has a whole week of activities planned! I still don't think he'll upstage the Tortola trip from my birthday, though. :)

On Sunday we are driving to Sevierville, which is near the world-infamous Dollywood, then Monday morning are going on a sunrise hot air balloon ride. Monday will be a leisurely day driving to Chattanooga, where we will spend three days visiting the city and the surrounding area. They have a wonderful aquarium, and the city is located in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains. Thursday is a trip to some tiny unknown (to me) town for a day of fly fishing. Neither Myron nor I have done that before, so it should be fun. I dunno what we're doing Friday, it's Myron's birthday and I think he has some all day history thing planned. Saturday is what I'm looking for: Lynchburg.

Anyone who is a foodie knows why I'm going there. Anyone who is a fan of bourbon knows another reason I'm going there. Saturday, October 28th is the 18th Annual Jack Daniel's World Championship Invitational Barbecue. It's two of my favorite things in the whole world combined into one. I'm from Bluff City, in extreme northeastern Tennessee and I grew up with barbeque. My love of bourbon was cultivated in more recent years, but I'm a diehard fan now.

So that's where I'll be next week. Enjoy the silence. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment