Friday, October 06, 2006

Notes single to multi-user migrator

I created a utility that will take the traditional single-user configuration for Windows Terminal Services and migrate users to a multi-user install. It has to be run for every user, but it reduces the installation down to just entering the user's password, clicking Finish on the "Advanced Services" box, then clicking OK on the "Setup Complete" box. Is anyone interested in it? It' s driven by an INI:

UserOldNotesPath=m:\notes\data\
UserNewNotesPath=%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Lotus\Notes\Data\
SharedNotesPath=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lotus\Notes\Data\
FilesToCopy=bookmark.nsf;desktop6.ndk;*.id;names.nsf;user.dic

If there is interest I'll figure out a way to post my utility, and include source and a writeup on how it works. I wrote it in VB5. Yeah, I know it's old, but it's what I had handy. :-P

3 comments:

  1. Charles

    Yes, that would save me a little time if you were able to upload it!

    Thanks,

    Julian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that.

    So why isn't it available for download yet? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first cut had everything hardcoded for my environment so it's going to take some time to rework it. I started doing the INI implementation then decided I'd ask if anyone is interested. Now that I know people are I'll work on making it more flexible and find somewhere to put the files since blogger won't accept uploads. I might just put it on OpenNTF or SourceForge, I'll post here when it's ready. It should be a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete