Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Domino migration - iSeries to Red Hat

We currently run Domino 6.5.4 FP3 on an iSeries 270. Several months ago we purchased an IBM BladeCenter with the idea of migrating the Domino servers to that. I have done lots of testing and I'm finally starting that process. I intend to blog about all the steps I take to get there, focusing heavily on the "gotchas" and things that I have to really dig to find.

Here's an overview of what I'll be doing:
  • Moving Domino server named MAIL to its own blade
  • Moving Domino servers named Intranet, Armstrong, and TranSouth to the same blade
  • Use Internet Sites documents to service two websites from this second blade
  • Use ODBC to connect to an iSeries DB2 server (not the same one currently running Domino)
On the surface it sounds relatively simple. In testing it has been a bit more difficult to get everything talking to each other. I'll be doing the MAIL move on Saturday, July 22nd. If that goes well I'll start the Intranet move, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment